Bikes, Blades & Boards
Injury Prevention Program for students Grades 1 - 3
· Interactive discussion regarding parts of the brain, their function, and difficulties when damaged.
· Demonstrations regarding safe helmet use.
· A short video on bicycle safety, helmet features, and proper use.
· A thorough helmet inspection, and education session.
· Colourful and informative handouts for students to complete.
· A take home individualized “report card” providing information to parents on their children’s helmet wearing habits.
The Bikes, Blades & Boards Education Program started in 2000 is once again being made available to Hamilton, Niagara and Haldimand-Norfolk School Boards between April 1 and June 30. The Hamilton Brain Injury Association, The Hamilton Health Sciences’ Acquired Brain Injury Program, and Brain Injury Services of Hamilton have partnered with community agencies to develop this injury prevention program. Bikes, Blades & Boards committee members, and volunteers work hard to deliver this 60 minute, multimedia injury prevention program to School Boards at NO COST.
If you are interested in involving your students, please complete the Bikes, Blades & Boards application and return by fax or email to the Hamilton Brain Injury Association. Once your completed application is received, you will be contacted by program coordinators to book a presentation day for your students.
**Please note that we are fully booked for May & June presentations. Due to increasing demand of presentations BB&B is excited to announce we will be conducting presentations September through June starting September 2018. If we cannot fulfill your application request at this time we are happy to fulfill your application starting September 2018! We will try out to best to fulfill requests in a timely manner. Thank you for your understanding.**
Every year we try our best to have committee members, and volunteers available to fulfill presentation requests from all schools that apply. Please keep in mind while we make every attempt to fulfill all requests, we present to schools on a first come first serve basis. Apply today to secure your presentation date!