Bikes, Blades & Boards
Injury Prevention Program for students Grades 1 - 3
· Interactive discussion regarding parts of the brain, their function, and difficulties when damaged.
· Demonstrations regarding safe helmet use.
· A short video on bicycle safety, helmet features, and proper use.
· A thorough helmet inspection, and education session.
· Colourful and informative handouts for students to complete.
· Take home information for parents to help support their child(s) safe helmet wearing habits.
If you are interested in involving your students, please complete the Bikes, Blades & Boards application and return by fax or email to the Hamilton Brain Injury Association. Once your completed application is received, you will be contacted by program coordinators to book a presentation day for your students.
Every year we try our best to have committee members, and volunteers available to fulfill presentation requests from all schools that apply. Please keep in mind while we make every attempt to fulfill all requests, we present to schools on a first come first serve basis. Apply today to secure your presentation date!
The Hamilton Brain Injury Association, The Hamilton Health Sciences Acquired Brain Injury Program, and Brain Injury Services partnered with community agencies to develop the Bikes, Blades & Boards (BB&B) injury prevention program in 2000. BB&B is a volunteer-based educational program led by dedicated committee members, and volunteers at NO COST to Hamilton, Niagara and Haldimand-Norfolk School Boards. Due to the increasing demand of presentations BB&B will be conducting presentations throughout the entire academic year.