Bikes, Blades & Boards
Injury Prevention Program
for students Grades 1 - 3
The Bikes, Blades & Boards Education Program started in 2000 is once again being made available to Hamilton, Niagara and Haldimand-Norfolk School Boards between April 1 and June 30. The Hamilton Brain Injury Association, The Hamilton Health Sciences’ Acquired Brain Injury Program, and Brain Injury Services of Hamilton have partnered with community agencies to develop this injury prevention program. Bikes, Blades & Boards committee members, and volunteers work hard to deliver this 60 minute, multimedia injury prevention program to School Boards at NO COST.
· Interactive discussion regarding parts of the brain, their function, and difficulties when damaged.
· Demonstrations regarding safe helmet use.
· A short video on bicycle safety, helmet features, and proper use.
· A thorough helmet inspection, adjustment and education session.
· Colourful and informative handouts for students to complete.
· A take home individualized “report card” providing information to parents on their children’s helmet wearing habits.
If you are interested in involving your students, please complete the application below and return by fax or email to the Hamilton Brain Injury Association. Once your completed application is received, you will be contacted by program coordinators to book a presentation day for your students.
Every year we try our best to have committee members, and volunteers available to fulfill presentation requests from all schools that apply. Please keep in mind while we make every attempt to fulfill all requests, we present to schools on a first come first serve basis. Apply today to secure your presentation date!
The deadline for applications is April 27, 2018.
Fax #: (905) 390 - 3649