Severe weather policy

The decision to close the HBIA Clubhouse is a difficult call to make. Please be assured that the decision to remain open or to close is always made with the safety and security of our participants, and staff in mind. In the event of inclement weather, the decision to close our Clubhouse is made in conjunction with The Hamilton-Wentworth District School Board and/or Hamilton-Wentworth Catholic District School Board. If either school board cancels their bus service, the HBIA Clubhouse will be closed. We will make every effort to make this notice apparent on our social media, online calendar, as well as list this on the "Important Notice & Updates" section on our main page by at 7:00 am. We will also implement our phone tree. If you would like to be added to our phone tree to receive notice regarding closure, please contact our office. Please remember, you always have the choice on whether or not to attend the Clubhouse regarding poor weather conditions. We encourage our participants to make decisions that ensure their safety. HBIA will NOT post a weather alert on its website to signal that the Clubhouse is open. For more information about this policy please contact us: (905) 538-5251 or