Volunteering is a fun and rewarding way to support survivors and the ABI community of Hamilton.
We are currently looking for volunteers in the following areas:
Peer Mentors (Position open to survivors, unpaid caregivers and family members. Click here for more information and/or to see if this position is right for you)
Before You Apply:
Click on the volunteer opportunities above for a detailed description of each volunteer position.
HBIA Volunteers will have the following qualifications:
- Support HBIA's mission, vision and values
- Align with HBIA's anti-oppressive/anti-racist perspective and be respectful of confidentiality and privacy
- Must provide a current Police Record Check (Some positions require a Police Vulnerable Sector Check)
All completed application forms are considered by the Executive Director.
- An in-person interview will be scheduled in order to determine if our organization is a good fit for you, and vice versa.
- After successful completion of the interview, we will check two references, request that you apply for a police clearance, and schedule a group training session (Bikes, Blades & Boards presenter only).